Tuesday 28 October 2014

Learning Experience,

As a kid our very first form of education is informal education. This type of education is just basic stuff like being read to, watching videos, listening to rhymes or even just watching educational type cartoons. My parents wanted their kids to learn fast so they thought me and alphabets, and numbers. At the age of 5 or 6 parents will send their children off to kindergarten to learn more. In kindergarten i learned  to interact with other children. In my opinion interacting between children at a young age is important, this helps the child to express themselves and experience the 'outside world'. Kids at a very young age are ambitious because being new to the world they tend to do many things like maybe riding a bicycle, scaling the furniture and running around thinking they fast as lighting which results in them hurting themselves, i wondered if i have felt much pain during my young age compared to my present age. Some parents spend their time by passing on the knowledge they know on to their children, if its an athletic family maybe the parents will teach them to ride a bike or play football on the other hand if their parents are the academic type the parents might teach them the piano or buy them a rubix's cube and help them solve it, my parents bought me a rubix's cube and played football with me. This is a type of learning where we interact with one another to learn something new. Then comes primary school, this is where children learns discipline through the schools strict rules and regulations. Children might be innocent but mischievous as well, i was once creating mischief in the house and school till rules and regulations came along and it disciplined me well enough. In school i learned more about maths, writing, reading and etc. The time we spent in school helps us better ourselves two aspects interaction and knowledge. After primary school we head on to secondary school this where important exams will be taken. I was first active and excited going to school till the day tests and exam was introduced to me, back in primary tests was easy but in secondary we constantly need to study in order achieve the results we want. I got frustrated but forced myself to go to school, everyday learning something new wasn't an easy thing for me but it was fascinating to know about how things function example in biology classes where we learn about the organs in our body. That's through formal education, informal is where we take part in extra co curricular activities where i learned about being a scout and a maths and science club member. In secondary school we will make up our mind in what we want to be in the future it is where we pursue our studies in area that we want. After secondary school while waiting for results we are free and this time we set off to find part time work, i worked part time at a cafe, a gym and and also free lancing sales promoter. This part in life is where we learn about the 'outside world' more. I now know that the working world isn't all work but politics, back lashing, stress, bias schedule and even unfair workload. So i had my share of the working life, and i as well don't want to work as waiter or promoter again so i continued my studies, working life is not all bad there are good skills we could learn, like typing out documents, using excel, interacting with customer, learning both soft and hard skills and we learn also to be responsible and learn the value of money. In my college life now, im currently doing my degree and i have learned to work in groups interacting with new people from different cultures new things to help me better my chances in getting a job in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment