Thursday 30 October 2014

S.W.O.T analysis

SWOT Analysis
SWOT analysis is a planning method structured to evaluate strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, the SWOT analysis can be used for people, places example a tourist attraction, a product example an appliance or also a company. It helps us specify our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats when we want to accomplish something. Quoting Sun Tzu on The Art of War “So it I said that if you know your enemies and yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.” 
I used to SWOT analysis to know what would I gain while I was in college, and what I got was interesting. Now strengths and weaknesses are internal origin while opportunities and threats are external origin, strengths and opportunities are helpful towards you and on the other hand weaknesses and threats are harmful towards you. For strengths I found out that I’m good in handling myself this because I’m 500 km away from home and in a new place I know how to handle and take care of myself. Other than that, I would say that I’m good when mixing with new people although I’m an introvert I found myself to mix with new people, I have few friends already in college and there’s more to come. My weaknesses are the tendency to be lazy and not being punctual, these both weaknesses I have to work on in order to become a better person and also a better student. Opportunities, I have to think that I will meet a whole range of new people from different background and cultures, and also to learn new things that would better my chances to live a better and comfortable life. Meeting a diverse new group of people would help me learn their do’s and don’ts so this would help when I’m in a new place somewhere far from home. Threats would be failing a subject and time given to finish up an assignment or a project. Failing should be an option for me because the thought of failing would really make anxious and give me anxiety whenever I turn for up for examinations. Time is threat because as I said earlier I have the tendency of being lazy and I fear if I do not meet the deadlines that would result in me failing or getting low marks.
So this is my SWOT analysis and by doing this I’m able to work on my weaknesses and able to counter my threats. This is great if you’re looking for a solution in solving a problem which you think is there is no end or whether it is hopeless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment