Thursday 30 October 2014

VAK Learning Types
VAK Questionnaire is a self assessment where we find out our type or learning, this is an interesting questionnaire because we find out more about our self then we already know. VAK is an acronym which stands for Visual Audio and Kinaesthetic, these three are learning styles that is being used by us to learn something new either in schools or in working places. The way to identify what kind of learner are you is to ask a bunch of multiple question answers and each answer A, B and C is reflecting to V, A and K accordingly. At the end of the questionnaire the answers we chose shows what kind of learner are we. It’s amazing how our learning styles can be determined by completing a questionnaire, this shows that we humans can almost do anything that we want.
I have done the questionnaire and my result are A=7, B=13 and C=9 which is V=7, A=13 and K=9 this shows that I’m  more of an auditory type of learner compared to visual and kinaethestic. This caught me by surprise because I always thought that I was kinaethestic type of learner, this tells me that what I  think I am is actually not what I am. I prefer the kinaethestic learning style because basically I love getting my hands dirty when solving problems or searching for solution, kinaethestic learning is through  hands on experience, feeling, and doing. It’s physical experience on how we understand when we learn something new, this physical experience will help us in the future to learn something else in a more better way compared to before. But there is no wrong or right in the way we choose to learn because all these three types of learning have their own pros and cons, it solely depends on the individual itself on which type he prefers. In my point of view, I would to be able to learn in all these three types because it would be an advantage in learning different things example operating a machine, solving a mathematic equation and etc. The techniques we could use to help us learn through this three types is practicing because practice makes perfect. If only this questionnaire was brought to my attention when I was in school it would make me a much more better student.
This questionnaire really helps me know what kind of learner I am and to those who have difficulty learning something it is not because you’re slow but it’s because the type of learning method you choose is not suitable, so I would recommend taking the questionnaire and get to know yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment